About.me

Sunday, February 24, 2013

My first week with Twitter

My Forced Submission to Twitter

    Although I have always been eager to try the latest piece of technology and am constantly trying new apps on my cell phone, social networking, for me, has almost been limited to Facebook. Facebook met all my needs. I was able to share my thoughts or important events in my life (twitter) and post photos of what I had done or where I was visiting (Instagram). Although I wanted to stay clear of the Twitter world my assignment  this week for my "Internet Tools in the Classroom" course was to join twitter, make friends with at least 50 friends a day, and post 6+ times each day. After being a part of Twitter for nearly a week now I can see how it can be very addicting. I think the purpose of the assignment was to help us dive a little deeper in the twitter world so I took it on full force. However, I did have a problem meeting the requirement to follow 50+  people a day. I feel that I would just be forcing myself to follow people or companies I wasn't even interested in. I am sticking to following anything I feel would interest me or might grab my attention. By overindulging into following people, I feel like I wouldn't pay attention to all the tweets on my feed page. I have to admit I am enjoying tagging people and the hashtag feature is gaining my attention quickly. Since it has only been a week I can't say whether or not I am not a lifetime member, but it will have my attention for a while, that's for sure. If you would like to follow me you can tweet me @mikeballiet. Stay up to date for more posts on my experience on twitter. #Ifinallygaveintotwitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment