About.me

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

I chose an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike creative commons license because I was always told that as teachers we need to be willing to "beg, borrow, and steal" but to also be accepting of those who do the same. By no means am I supporting the idea of stealing, but as teachers we have a true appreciation of the value of time. Why re-invent the wheel or expect others to do so. No teacher got into the profession to "make the big bucks." We are all in this to help children grow and learn, and this goal can be accomplished much easier through collaborative efforts.

The reason that I chose not to allow commercial distribution is because I am unaware of any ramifications that might come along with that. I do not believe at this stage of my career that I am producing anything of value, but I want to fully understand what this area allows and entails before committing myself to that type of license.

No comments:

Post a Comment